Your membership is vital to sustaining the quality programs and publications you’ve come to depend on.
Become an Annual Member today and join our growing network of individuals, law firms, companies, government agencies, and organizations dedicated to supporting legal scholarship in the natural resources and energy law community. Your membership not only entitles you to the benefits and publications described below, it allows The Foundation, a non-profit organization, to continue to provide high-quality oil and gas, mining, renewable energy, public lands, water, environmental, and international law programs, publications, and legal scholarship at an affordable price.
COMPANIES AND FIRMS – BECOME A SUSTAINING MEMBER!
Join the other companies and firms who have taken advantage of our new Sustaining Membership. This membership includes all company employees, two complimentary registrations to the Annual Institute, recognition on our website and in the Annual Institute and Special Institute materials, all of your members names in the Membership Directory, and now includes free access for the entire firm or company to The Foundation’s Digital Library that includes over 5,000 articles dealing with all aspects of natural resources and energy law.
Become an annual member Click here to apply for membership. Or you can download a printable membership form
Benefits to Annual Members
- Discounted registration to the 68th Annual institute in Vail, Colorado. The discount for an individual member verses a nonmember is larger than the price of an individual membership and even larger values are available for organizational members that take advantage of their available discounts!
- Discounts on registration fees for Special Institutes, Short Courses, and other programs
- Discounts on the price of our Online Natural Resources Education CLE and CPE videos and related materials
- Discounts on many Foundation publications and audio recordings, including the Proceedings of the Annual Institutes
- Access to the Members Only area of our website
- Opportunities for involvement on committees and in other leadership roles
Free to Annual Members
- The Foundation Journal for Natural Resources and Energy Law – 2 electronic issues per year with original articles, selected reprints, an annual oil and gas update, and topical reading lists
- Mineral and Energy Law Newsletter – 4 electronic issues per year covering judicial, legislative, and regulatory developments in oil and gas, mining law, and renewable energy law in 27 states and Canada; also includes federal courts and agencies, Congress, and environmental issues
- Water Law Newsletter – 3 electronic issues per year covering judicial, statutory, and legislative developments in water law and water rights at federal, state, and local levels; includes coverage of 26 states, federal water quality, and federal reserved water rights
- Membership Directory – With alphabetical, geographical, and email listings, provided mid-year in electronic format to those listed on the membership, along with a searchable Directory in the Members Only area of our website
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
JOIN NOW AND YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS GOOD THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2022
Organization Membership Categories
Sustaining Membership (Digital Library now included!) – $6,400
For firms and companies that choose to support The Foundation at a higher level, additional benefits include: two complimentary registrations to the Annual Institute, recognition on our website and in Annual Institute materials, recognition in Special Institute materials, and all members names in the Membership Directory. Sustaining Members also receive free access to the Foundation’s Online Digital Library.
Law Firm, Corporation, Government Agency, or Other Entity Membership
Various membership levels are available based on the number of legal and land professionals involved in natural resources work.
- Participating Membership (1-3 persons): $1,095
- Supporting Membership (4-9 persons): $1,910
- Contributing Membership (10-15 persons): $2,825
- Unlimited Membership (16+ persons): $4,300
Nonprofit Organization (Unlimited) Membership – $490
Includes all full-time staff at a nonprofit (IRS tax-exempt) organization.
University (Faculty) Membership – $435
Includes all full-time faculty at a college or university (adjunct faculty generally are not eligible). The institution’s faculty and libraries may also purchase publications of The Foundation at special educational prices.
Individual Membership Categories
Benefits accrue only to the individual. Law firms, companies, agencies, and other organizations are not eligible for Individual Memberships.
Individual Membership – $525
All the benefits of membership on an individual basis.
Individual Government/Nonprofit Membership – $420
For employees of government agencies or non-profit (IRS tax-exempt) organizations.
New Professional Membership (New lower price and longer duration!) – $75
A New Professional Membership is ONLY $75 PER YEAR, and New Professional members can attend the Annual Institute and most Special Institutes for only $100. An individual lawyer is eligible for a New Professional membership in the year of graduation from law school and for each of the next four years. Non-lawyer natural resources professionals (such as landmen, analysts, environmental engineers, or petroleum engineers) are eligible in the year they are qualified to practice in their natural resources field and for each of the next four years. Join in the year of graduation or qualification, and the first year of membership actually continues until the end of the following year. For example, if an individual graduates from law school in May 2021, his or her membership continues through December 31, 2022, and may be renewed through December 2025 for only $75 per year!
Senior Membership – $150
For individuals who are fully retired yet wish to continue to participate in Foundation activities.
Student Membership (FREE!) – $0
For full-time law students and landman students.
Become an annual member Click here to apply for membership. Or you can download a printable membership form.
Questions About Membership?
Contact Us! - Info@fnrel.org