Registration is now open for the Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law of the International Bar Association's (SEERIL) 2022 Biennial Conference, taking place in Milan on May 16-18, 2022. The theme of the in-person conference is Resource Development at a Crossroads.
In this cutting-edge program, renowned experts will address how environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria and climate change commitments will impact current and future investment in, and the development of, infrastructure and resources.
Topics will include:
- Addressing and preparing for the consequences of the global energy transition
- Renewable fuels
- Resilience in energy, infrastructure, and natural resources law: examining legal pathways for sustainability in times of disruption
- The future of the electric system
- Water development at a crossroads – environmental constraints on water and impacts to economic development and public health
- Can mining be a sustainable business?
- The future of infrastructure delivery
- Supercharging ecosystems: are conservation parks to become key in the future economic recovery?
- Keeping the lights on – oil and gas development in a low-carbon world
- Energy transition in – and opportunities in the European context.
"After more than two years of Zoom calls, the Milan Biennial will be a wonderful in-person opportunity for SEERIL members to learn about the latest significant trends in resource development, meet new colleagues and network with old friends," stated SEERIL Chair Shane Freitag, National Leader for the Electricity Markets Group for Borden Ladner Gervais in Toronto, Canada.