Registration for this webinar is now closed
May 8, 3 p.m. EDT, 2 p.m. CDT, 1 p.m. MDT, noon PDT (1 hour webinar)
Webinar registrants will be able to credit the entire webinar registration fee against the registration fee for in-person attendance at the upcoming Special Institute on Distress and Bankruptcy: Practical Advice for the Oil & Gas Industry on November 3-4, 2020, in Denver, Colorado.
Registration opens this summer!
The prolonged demand shock caused by the COVID-19 shutdown has already had a substantial impact on companies in the oil and gas industry, with WTI oil prices going negative for the first time in history. Some companies in the industry have already been forced into bankruptcy or are on the brink of bankruptcy. This may be your company or client, or it may be your company’s or your client’s lessees, operators, non-operators, gathering companies, processors, product purchasers, drilling contractors, or other service providers. Knowing the basics of bankruptcy will be invaluable when dealing with the inevitable wave of insolvency. This webinar will introduce oil and gas lawyers and companies to these basic bankruptcy concepts.
Topics will include:
- Chapter 7 vs Chapter 11
- The automatic stay, "property of the estate," and "adequate protection,"
- Bankruptcy code provisions unique to the oil and gas industry
- Treatment of contracts: executory contracts/unexpired leases
- Creditor claims: "administrative," "priority," secured and unsecured
- Fraudulent transfers and preferences
- Exiting bankruptcy: asset sales, plans and the discharge
One Hour of CLE available!