Public Land Law, Regulation, and Management
The papers presented at the 2022 Special Institute on Public Land Law, Regulation, and Management are available as a written manual (looseleaf binder or downloadable file). Chapters include:
- Five Federal Lands Fundamentals: Brief Answers to Basic Questions on Federal Public Lands
- Federal Public Land Agency NEPA Authorities: The Current State of Affairs
- Forest Planning: Shifting Ecological and Legal Bases for National Forest Management
- Historic and Cultural Resources Management on Federal Public Land
- The Future of Oil and Gas Leasing in the Second Century of the Mineral Leasing Act
- The Federal Oil and Gas Program Under the Biden Administration: “Comprehensive Review” or the Same Old Song?
- The Trajectory of Compensatory Mitigation in Public Lands Management
- Common vs. Uncommon Mineral Determinations and Implications for Developing Locatable or Saleable Mineral Deposits
- The Ethics of Working with Government Attorneys During Public Lands Planning and Projects
- The Role of Cooperating Agencies and Cooperative Federalism in Public Lands Decisions
- Tribal Sovereignty, Environmental Justice and NEPA in Natural Resource Development on Indian Lands
- Good Samaritan Laws and Public Land Cleanups
- NEPA and Climate Change: The Climate Change "Cha-Cha Slide"
Mineral Law Series Volume 2022, Number 3 (May 2022); Manual (looseleaf or download): 1 volume/586 pages; ISBN 978-1-943497-33-1